Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This is Your Birthday Pony

My birthday is this week, and, while I'm not one for celebrating overmuch, it does seem like a good time to reflect on the happenings of the past year. It's a wistful season, fall, and I'm at home in it, be-sweatered and nostalgic and optimistic, slightly, in spite of everything. I thought, on this quiet Tuesday evening, we might briefly chronicle a series of mishaps that spread themselves out across the last twelve months or so, but remain lodged in my memory as much for the frustration they produce as their frequency. And so, then, here is this: a comprehensive list of the things I dropped peanut butter toast on in my 25th year on earth. I have placed an asterisk next to those things on which a slice of toast landed exciting side down.

Laptop (2x)
Bed*
Stapler*
Boxer Shorts
Garbage Can*
Plate (This was the best one)
Rabbit* (This was the saddest one)
Foot*

3 comments:

Maureen Grady said...

Damn Armstrong, you're getting old. Welcome to the world of blogging. I have a stinking suspicion you gave me hell about said activity some many moons ago...Happy days these next 12 months.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, me too!

My birthday was yesterday, in fact. Of course, you knew that already.

Not that you called or anything. Jerk.

I can't recall dropping peanut butter on anything recently. Nor have I ever dropped anything on a rabbit. But one time, at band camp, I did drop a rabbit into a tuba.

nathan aa said...

Let the record show that danielgtucker also failed to call on my birthday.