Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Thankful that I'm from the Future

Amidst the wild flailing of the holiday season, we will somehow find time to post regularly. For now, though, gorge yourselves on this: a short installment of this our internet, with an eye towards giving thanks. I get a lot of my daily kicks from the internet, from some very talented artists and entertainers, and nearly all of it for free, and that is absurd. In lieu of dollars (which are expensive), I'm offering these tiny pieces of genius a "shout-out", one apiece, which I gather are redeemable at the local market for various sundries.
I've chosen only things that are new to me from this year, and I tried the vary the range of categories. Go ahead, pinch yourself.

Do you like your comedic british soap operas in graphic format? Do you find the occult funny? Scarygoround is for you, and boy howdy is there a lot of it. Start here, maybe. It won't make any more sense at first, but it is a funny strip.

Basketball fans: do you wish talk radio were less terrible, and had no commercials, and that sports radio personalities watched as much basketball as you did? Bam. If you hate the new video format (like I do), they still put the audio version up on itunes.

Do you like cats, and maybe annoying them a little? Awww. Frankly, the alternative is ridiculous. If this is a meme that makes no sense to you, maybe salon can straighten it out for you.

Lastly, awkwardly: you're always welcome to enjoy the things that I have found. Mitchell.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Mitchell is disturbing in a very Salad Fingers kind of way. I refuse to link to it, and I don't suggest you go looking for it. Even if you've seen it before and just want to jog your memory... don't.

But, um, yeah. Happy Thanksgiving!